1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 channels
125 MHz Digital I/O PCI card
- 66 MHz PCI card. Also compatible with 33 MHz PCI slots
- 125 MHz max clock on 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 TTL channels
- 1, 2, 4 or 8 channel memory saving mode
- 1 kHz to maximum clock rate
- Triggers: start, stop, pattern, change detection and pulsewidth
- Up to 4 GigaByte of onboard signal memory
- FIFO mode, up to 225 MBytes/s data transfer with PC
- Multi-card synchronization
- 512 MByte onboard memory
- Multiple Recording, Gated Sampling and Time Stamp options (Digitizers, Digital)
- Multiple Replay, Gated Sampling options (AWG, Digital)
- Drivers for LabVIEW and MATLAB
Now with 256 MBytes memory as standard!UF2-7005 Overview
The UF2-7005 has been designed with a unique memory saving mode for applications that require less that 16 channels. All other boards from different manufacturers use from 16 to 32 memory bits for each sample, regardless of the number of active channels. This means if you are only using one channel then the amount of memory allocated to each sample could be wasting up to 31 bits.
The table below shows how a standard UF2-7005 with 64 MB or 4GB of onboard memory uniquely allocates all of the available board memory to the active channels. Other memory options are available, the examples are chosen for illustration.
|UF2-7005||16 MB||4 GB|
|Channels used||Mem depth||Mem depth|
|16||128 Mbits / ch||2048 Mbits / ch|
|8||256 Mbits / ch||4096 Mbits / ch|
|4||512 MBits / ch||8192 MBits / ch|
|2||1024 Mbits / ch||16384 Mbits / ch|
|1||2048 Mbits / ch||32768 M bits / ch|
The cards are mainly used for digital recording or test pattern generation with a Device Under Test (DUT) in the electronics or semiconductor industry.Standard mode...
The signals are downloaded to the onboard signal memory. Output is started on software or external TTL trigger and the signal(s) are output once, n times, or repeated until the card is stopped by software. This mode allows the cards to output at the maximum clock rate. While generating, the card operates independently of the host PC so the cpu can be used for other tasks.... and FIFO mode. Recording or Generating continuously at 225 MBytes/s
Alternatively, the UltraFast boards also provide a FIFO mode that continuously transfers the waveform data gap-free to or from the PC. This mode has the advantage that longer signals can be recorded or generated than the available on-board memory.
Note that the maximum output rate is limited by the PCI-X bus transfer rate, which is typically 225 MBytes/s, and the number of activated channels. For a 16-bit Digital board this equates to a max sampling rate of f=225M/2/n where n is the total number of activated channels (including all cards in the system).Synchronizing multiple-cards in a single PC
The Star Hub option is an add-on that allows multiple cards, even of different types, to be synchronized. There are two versions that support up to 5 cards or 16 cards.
The Star Hub distributes the clock and trigger signals, so all channels are without time-skew errors and all cards start on the same trigger condition (any channel, any external TTL trigger). Any card can be defined as the clock master or trigger master by software. It's also possible to configure AND/OR trigger conditions (channel or external TTL) across multiple cards. Please note that the UF2 Star Hub option is not compatible with the older UF Star Hub option.
Download the UF2/UF2e Star Hub datasheet here.Synchronizing multiple PC's
A new option, the System Star Hub synchronizes up to 271 UF2 cards hosted in up to 17 PC's. This option is useful if:
- The number of channels/cards required can't fit in one PC
- Data will be stored continuously (using FIFO mode) to hard disk array and the limits of the PCI/PCI-X means not all cards can be placed in one system
- Extensive online calculations have to be made for several channels and the bus bandwidth isn't capable of streaming data for all channels or a single cpu power is not sufficient
Most other products limit you to a few fixed sampling rate choices, however with the UltraFast cards you simply instruct the software which rate you require and the driver will automatically adjust the onboard PLL and hardware divider to achieve the closest sampling rate possible.External Clock and External Trigger
Need to synchronize with external equipment? As standard the UltraFast cards are supplied with connectors for external clock and trigger. Both can be programmed as input or output, so the card can receive a TTL clock or output the internal clock and the trigger connector can receive a TTL trigger event or generate a trigger event from either a software trigger or detected channel trigger.Easy Programming
Only six key functions to define a complete setup. Small DLL or module (Linux) uses few system resources and does not conflict with other programs. On request, we will be pleased to send you the User Manual as a pdf so you can see the many examples.
The API is identical for all UF2 Digitizer, AWG and Digital cards to reduce programming times.What's included
The UF2 cards are supplied with:
- Windows (XP, XP64) and Linux drivers
- Extensive printed user manual with many programming examples
- Source code programming examples: c/c++, VB, Delphi
- SBench 6 waveform generationprogram for Win/Linux
- Two years hardware warranty
- Lifetime software updates (inc. future Win/Linux drivers)
- Lifetime technical support from specialists