ECL, PECL, TTL, LVDS, LVTTL, CMOS or LVCMOS
40 MHz Digital Waveform Generators
- PCI Express x1 board
- 40 MHz or 10 MHz maximum clock rates
- -2.0V to +10V programmable levels, in 10 mV steps
- Every 4 channels, can have different output levels
- ECL, PECL, TTL, LVDS, LVTTL, CMOS or LVCMOS
- All outputs can be individually disabled (Tristate)
- Hardware controlled differential output possibility (8-bit and 16 bit)
- Triggers: start, stop, external
- Up to 4 GigaByte of onboard signal memory
- FIFO mode, up to 120 MBytes/s data transfer with PC
- Drivers: Windows and Linux drivers included.
- Optional: MATLAB, LabVIEW, VEE, DASYLab, LabWindows/CVI
- Two years hardware warranty
- Life time free technical support and software updates
- 512 MByte onboard memory
- Multiple Recording, Gated Sampling and Time Stamp options (Digitizers, Digital)
- Multiple Replay, Gated Sampling options (AWG, Digital)
- Drivers for LabVIEW and MATLAB
There are four high-speed digital pattern generator cards in the UF2e-7200 range. Different cards have either 40 MHz or 10 MHz max clock rates, and the choice of 16 or 32 channels. The standard board with 256 MB onboard memory can be expanded to a maximum of 4 GBytes.One Board, Multiple Output Levels -> Saves Money
The UF2e-7200 are designed for versatile digital waveform generation. All have the ability to output digital signals with a wide range of output levels.
Each 4 bits can be independently programmed with different output levels from -2V to +10V for compatibility with different i.c. logic families, including: ECL, PECL, TTL, LVDS, LVTTL, CMOS or LVCMOS. This means it's possible to use one board to generate up to 4 different signal levels, increasing versatility and saving moeny on other boards.
In addition, wWhen creating differential signals such as ECL, PECL and LVDS, each channel only occupies 1 bit of signal memory - reducing the need to buy more board memory.Applications
The cards are popular for digital recording or test pattern generation with a Device Under Test (DUT) in the electronics or semiconductor industry.Advantage of PCI Express for instrumentation
Read an application note on the advantages of PCI Express here.
|Maximum I/O rates|
|P/N||Channels||8 bits||16 bits||32 bits|
|UF2e-7210||16||10 MS/s||10 MS/s||-|
|UF2e-7211||32||10 MS/s||10 MS/s||5 MS/s|
|UF2e-7220||26||40 MS/s||40 MS/s||-|
|UF2e-7221||32||40 MS/s||40 MS/s||40 MS/s|
The signals are downloaded to the onboard signal memory. Output is started on software or external TTL trigger and the signal(s) are output once, n times, or repeated until the card is stopped by software. This mode allows the cards to output at the maximum clock rate. While generating, the card operates independently of the host PC so the cpu can be used for other tasks.... and FIFO mode. Generating continuously at 120 MBytes/s
Alternatively, the UF2e boards also provide a FIFO mode that continuously transfers the waveform data gap-free to or from the PC. This mode has the advantage that longer signals can be recorded or generated than the available on-board memory.
Note that the maximum output rate is limited by the PCI Express bus transfer rate, which is typically 120 MBytes/s, and the number of activated channels. For a 16-bit Digital board this equates to a max sampling rate of f=120M/2/n where n is the total number of activated channels (including all cards in the system).Synchronizing multiple-cards in a single PC
The Star Hub option is an add-on that allows multiple cards, even of different types, to be synchronized. There are two versions that support up to 5 cards or 16 cards.
The Star Hub distributes the clock and trigger signals, so all channels are without time-skew errors and all cards start on the same trigger condition (any channel, any external TTL trigger). Any card can be defined as the clock master or trigger master by software. It's also possible to configure AND/OR trigger conditions (channel or external TTL) across multiple cards. Please note that the UF2e Star Hub option is not compatible with the older UF Star Hub option.
Download the UF2/UF2e Star Hub datasheet here.Synchronizing multiple PC's
A new option, the System Star Hub synchronizes up to 271 UF2e and UF2 cards cards hosted in up to 17 PC's. This option is useful if:
- The number of channels/cards required can't fit in one PC
- Data will be stored continuously (using FIFO mode) to hard disk array and the limits of the PCI/PCI Express means not all cards can be placed in one system
- Extensive online calculations have to be made for several channels and the bus bandwidth isn't capable of streaming data for all channels or a single cpu power is not sufficient
Most other products limit you to a few fixed sampling rate choices, however with the UF2e cards you simply instruct the software which rate you require and the driver will automatically adjust the onboard PLL and hardware divider to achieve the closest sampling rate possible.External Clock and External Trigger
Need to synchronize with external equipment? As standard the UF2e cards are supplied with connectors for external clock and trigger. Both can be programmed as input or output, so the card can receive a TTL clock or output the internal clock and the trigger connector can receive a TTL trigger event or generate a trigger event from either a software trigger or detected channel trigger.Easy Programming
Only six key functions to define a complete setup. Small DLL or module (Linux) uses few system resources and does not conflict with other programs. On request, we will be pleased to send you the User Manual as a pdf so you can see the many examples.
The API is identical for all UF2e Digitizer, AWG and Digital cards to reduce programming times.What's included
The UF2e cards are supplied with:
- Windows (Vista, XP, XP64, 2000, NT) and Linux drivers
- Extensive printed user manual with many programming examples
- Source code programming examples: c/c++, VB, Delphi
- SBench 6 waveform generationprogram for Win/Linux
- Two years hardware warranty
- Lifetime software updates (inc. future Win/Linux drivers)
- Lifetime technical support from specialists