UF2e-4900 Waveform Digitizers / Transient Recorders
16-bit up to 60S/s, 1 to 8 channels
PCI Express cards
- 16-bit ADC per channel
- Single-Ended or Differential Inputs
- Up to 2 GSamples of onboard signal memory
- Up to 245 MBytes/s continuous recording to PC RAM or hard disk
- 8 input ranges per channel: ±50 mV up to ±10 V
- On-board auto-zero calibration
- 512 MByte onboard memory
- Multiple Recording, Gated Sampling, ABA Mode and Time Stamp
- Drivers for LabVIEW, MATLAB and LabWindows
- Windows and Linux drivers included.
- Two years hardware warranty
There are 6 different 16-bit transient recorder cards in the UF2e-4900 range. Cards are available offering 4 or 8 simultaneous input channels and choice of maximum A/D sampling rates. These cards are distinguished in that both Single-Ended and true Differential Inputsare available and can be simply configured by software.Applications
Typical applications include ATE, RADAR, Lidar, communications.
|Maximum sampling rates|
|P/N||1 channel||2 channels||4 channels||8 channels|
|UF2-4911||10 MS/s SE||10 MS/s SE||10 MS/s SE||-|
|10 MS/s Diff||10 MS/s Diff||-||-|
|UF2-4912||10 MS/s SE||10 MS/s SE||10 MS/s SE||10 MS/s SE|
|10 MS/s Diff||10 MS/s Diff||10 MS/s Diff||-|
|UF2-4931||30 MS/s SE||30 MS/s SE||30 MS/s SE||-|
|30 MS/s Diff||30 MS/s Diff||-||-|
|UF2-4932||30 MS/s SE||30 MS/s SE||30 MS/s SE||30 MS/s SE|
|30 MS/s Diff||30 MS/s Diff||30 MS/s Diff||-|
|UF2-4963||60 MS/s SE||60 MS/s SE||30 MS/s SE|
|60 MS/s Diff||60 MS/s Diff||-||-|
|UF2-4964||60 MS/s SE||60 MS/s SE||60 MS/s SE||30 MS/s SE|
|60 MS/s Diff||60 MS/s Diff||60 MS/s Diff||-|
Note: SE = Single Ended Input / Diff = True Differential InputStandard mode...
The signals can be recorded to the onboard signal memory at the maximum clock rate using Standard mode. At the end of the measurement, the data is off-loaded to the PC using DMA at the maximum PCI Express x1 data transfer rate of up to 160 MBytes/s. While recording, the card operates independently of the host PC which is available for other tasks.... and FIFO mode. Record continuously at 160 MBytes per second to PC
Alternatively, the UltraFast boards also provide a FIFO mode that continuously transfers recorded data gap-free to the PC during the measurement at up to 160 MBytes/s. This mode has the advantage that more samples can be recorded than the available on-board memory.
Note that the maximum sampling rate is limited by the PCI bus transfer rate, which is up to 160 MBytes/s, and the number of activated channels. For 16-bit A/D boards this equates to a max sampling rate of f=160M/2/n where n is the total number of activated channels (including all cards in the system).Synchronizing multiple-cards in a single PC
The Star Hub option is an add-on that allows multiple cards, even of different types, to be synchronized. There are two versions that support up to 5 cards or 16 cards.
The Star Hub distributes the clock and trigger signals, so all channels are without time-skew errors and all cards start on the same trigger condition (any channel, any external TTL trigger). Any card can be defined as the clock master or trigger master by software. It's also possible to configure AND/OR trigger conditions (channel or external TTL) across multiple cards. Please note that the UF2 Star Hub option is not compatible with the older UF Star Hub option.
Synchronizing multiple PC's
A new option, the System Star Hub synchronizes up to 271 UF2 cards hosted in up to 17 PC's. This option is useful if:
- The number of channels/cards required can't fit in one PC
- Data will be stored continuously (using FIFO mode) to hard disk array and the limits of the PCI/PCI-X means not all cards can be placed in one system
- Extensive online calculations have to be made for several channels and the bus bandwidth isn't capable of streaming data for all channels or a single cpu power is not sufficient
Each channel has it's own amplifier and dcV offset adjustment. This means you are able to select one of the 8 possible input voltage ranges and adjust the dcV offset to best match the output from your sensor, for every channel.Fine Resolution Sampling Rates
Most other products limit you to a few fixed sampling rate choices, however with the UltraFast cards you simply instruct the software which rate you require and the driver will automatically adjust the onboard PLL and hardware divider to achieve the closest sampling rate possible.External Clock and External Trigger
Need to synchronize with external equipment? As standard the UltraFast cards are supplied with connectors for external clock and trigger. Both can be programmed as input or output, so the card can receive a TTL clock or output the internal clock and the trigger connector can receive a TTL trigger event or generate a trigger event from either a software trigger or detected channel trigger.Flexible Triggering
The UF2 cards offer an exceptional range of trigger possibilities to avoid false triggering:
- Edge and Level: positive, negative, both edges
- Window: define high/low levels; entry, exit
- Re-Arm : define a level that has to be crossed first, avoids triggering on noise
- Pulse-width: define a time period, trigger must occur inside/outside to be true
- External TTL: edge, can be used in combination with pulse-width
- Double edge: can be used with channel or external triggers
- AND/OR trigger masks: can be used with channel/ external and digital inputs
- Force trigger: used to start card if trigger not detected after given time
- Delay trigger: can delay AND/OR masks by up to 64 ksamples
Only six key functions to define a complete setup. Small DLL or module (Linux) uses few system resources and does not conflict with other programs. On request, we will be pleased to send you the User Manual as a pdf so you can see the many examples. The API is identical for all UF2e A/D D/A and Digital cards to reduce programming times.What's included
The card is delivered with 512 MSample on-board memory and supports standard acquisition (Scope), FIFO acquisition (streaming), Multiple Recording, Gated Sampling, ABA mode and Timestamps. Operating system drivers for Windows/Linux 32 bit and 64 bit, examples for C/ C++, LabVIEW (Windows), MATLAB (Windows and Linux), LabWindows/CVI, IVI, .NET, Delphi, Visual Basic, Python and a Base license of the oscilloscope software SBench 6 are included. Drivers for other 3rd party products like VEE or DASYLab may be available on request.