Please contact us for more info.
UF4e-4450 : 500 MS/s 4 ch. 14 bit Waveform Digitizer
PCI Express x8 Gen2 Interface
- Stream data continuously at > 3 GBytes/s to PC RAM
- Up to 500 MS/s on four or two channels (250 MHz bandwidth)
- 2 GSample signal memory supplied as standard
- Simultaneous sampling on all channels
- Separate monolithic ADC and amplifier per channel
- 6 input ranges: ±200 mV up to ±10 V
- Up to 2 synchronous digital channels with multi-purpose I/O
- Window, re-arm, OR/AND triggers
- Synchronization of up to 8 cards per system
- Windows, Linux, MATLAB, LabVIEW drivers included
- Multiple Recording, ABA Mode and Time Stamp included
- 3/4 length card size
- Two years hardware warranty
- Life time free technical support and software updates
The UF4e Platform - New!
The UF4e-4450-x8 is the first product of a new series of UltraFast digitizers. The UF4e platform increases the bus transfer speed by factor 16 compared with former UF2e and UF3e platforms with PCI Express x1 Gen1 interface.
Together with the clock concept and the powerful FPGA this platform is designed to be the base for new, ultra fast, high resolution products of the next generation. Based on the internal modular concept, new products with different ADCs and different sampling rates can be released to the market faster than before. Hence during 2013 we plan to release further models with 16 bit ADC resolution and 130 MS/s and 250 MS/s.
The UF4e platform is not limited to A/D modules but will also be used as base for fast digital data acquisition and arbitrary waveform and pattern generators.
UF4e-4450 Series Overview
There are two different 14-bit waveform digitizer PCI Express cards in the UF4e-4440 range. Cards are available offering up to 500 MS/s on 2 or 4 synchronous input channels. Each card is supplied with 2GSamples memory and is capable of streaming data to the host PC at more than 3GB/s.
Typical applications include ATE, RADAR, Lidar, communications.
|Maximum sampling rates|
|P/N||2 channels||4 channels|
|UF4e-4451-x8||500 MS/s||500 MS/s|
New ADC Module Features
There are two input paths per channel on the card. One path is a fixed 50 Ohm path, while the other path is buffered can be configured with either 50 Ohm or 1 M Ohm termination. Both paths have 8 input ranges (+-50 mV ... +-10 V). The new frontend module now allows AC or DC coupling, and includes a user activated low pass filter.Standard mode...
The signals can be recorded to the onboard signal memory at the maximum clock rate using Standard mode. At the end of the measurement, the data is off-loaded to the PC using DMA at the maximum PCI Express bus data transfer rate of up to 160 MBytes/s. While recording, the card operates independently of the host PC which is available for other tasks.... and FIFO mode. Record continuously at up to 3 GigaBytes per second to PC
Alternatively, the UF4e boards also provide a FIFO mode that due to the PCI Express 2.0 x8 bus is capable of continuously transfering recorded data gap-free to the PC during the measurement at speeds higher than 3GBytes/s. This not only allows longer signals to be recorded than available card signal memory, but in many cases eliminates the need to buy card memory upgrades.Synchronizing multiple-cards in a single PC
The Star Hub option is an add-on that allows multiple cards, even of different types, to be synchronized.
The Star Hub distributes the clock and trigger signals, so all channels are without time-skew errors and all cards start on the same trigger condition (any channel, any external TTL trigger). Any card can be defined as the clock master or trigger master by software. It's also possible to configure AND/OR trigger conditions (channel or external TTL) across multiple cards.
Each channel has it's own amplifier and dcV offset adjustment. This means you are able to selecta suitbale voltage range and adjust the dcV offset to best match the output from your sensor, for every channel.Fine Resolution Sampling Rates
Most other products limit you to a few fixed sampling rate choices, however with the UF4e cards you simply instruct the software which rate you require and the driver will automatically adjust the onboard PLL and hardware divider to achieve the closest sampling rate possible.External Clock and External Trigger
Need to synchronize with external equipment? As standard the UF3e cards are supplied with connectors for external clock and trigger. Both can be programmed as input or output, so the card can receive a TTL clock or output the internal clock and the trigger connector can receive a TTL trigger event or generate a trigger event from either a software trigger or detected channel trigger.Universal I/O's
Each card also contains 2 freely programmable I/O connections. These can be used as :
- fast digital inputs that are synchronous with the analog channels
- asynchronous digital i/o for reading or writing status information
- extra tigger input or output lines. Inputs can be AND, OR with the external input signal
The UF3e cards offer an exceptional range of trigger possibilities to avoid false triggering:
- Edge and Level: positive, negative, both edges
- Window: define high/low levels; entry, exit
- Re-Arm : define a level that has to be crossed first, avoids triggering on noise
- Pulse-width: define a time period, trigger must occur inside/outside to be true
- External TTL: edge, can be used in combination with pulse-width
- Double edge: can be used with channel or external triggers
- AND/OR trigger masks: can be used with channel/ external and digital inputs
- Force trigger: used to start card if trigger not detected after given time
- Delay trigger: can delay AND/OR masks by up to 64 ksamples
Only six key functions to define a complete setup. Small DLL or module (Linux) uses few system resources and does not conflict with other programs. On request, we will be pleased to send you the User Manual as a pdf so you can see the many examples.
The UF4 cards are supplied with:
- Windows (8, 7, Vista, XP, XP64, 2000) and Linux drivers (RedHat, Fedora, SuSe, SARGE)
- Extensive printed user manual with many programming examples
- Source code programming examples: C/C++, LabVIEW (Windows), MATLAB (Windows and Linux), LabWindows/CVI, IVI, .NET, Delphi, Visual Basic, Python
- SBench 6 Base version for Windows and Linux
- Two years hardware warranty
- Lifetime software updates (inc. future OS versions)
- Lifetime technical support from specialists