There are a variety of potential applications possible that use the clock and trigger distribution card:
- Extending the number of synchronous channels to more than one system can offer. Using a full setup one can theoretically access 17 systems with 16 synchronized cards each making a total of 16 x 17 = 272 synchronous cards. If each card has 16 channels this setup can operate more than 4000 synchronous channels.
- Running multiple fast streaming systems with a low number of channels each.
- Synchronizing fast M3i or M4i cards with slower M2i cards.
- Synchronizing mutliple digitizerNETBOX products
- Synchronizing Spectrum data acquisition systems with multiple external equipment with only one clock source available
This is an add-on product for Spectrum's own line of instrumentation product. This product is therefore solely sold together with one of these and not separately.