We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
If you do not want Strategic Test to keep you up to date with news, software updates and the latest information on products and services log into "My Account" and update your personal contact information and preferences.What information we collect and how we may use it
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better products. For example:
- We may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a service issue on the phone with an employee, downloading a software update, participating in a survey, registering to access the customer service portal, or when purchasing a product.
- When you interact with Strategic Test, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the Strategic Test products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue.
- We also collect information for market research purposes, such as your company industry segment, your occupation and operating system preferences, to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our websites www.strategic-test.com and www.strategic-embedded.com. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve Strategic Test’s products.
Our website Contact forms include opt-in options where you can choose how your personal data is used. If you contact us by email or telephone, we will ask you to provide permission by email before opting you into the following:
- A newsletter containing new product information, application articles, tips to maximise the use of the products, etc. Maximum frequency is one time a month.
- Information about the availability of software, firmware and manual updates. Frequency, when available. Typically once or twice a year
- Sharing your data with the manufacturer, Spectrum Instrumentation GmbH, in order to provide technical support.
At any time you retain the choice to opt-out of these options, ask for your data to be deleted, ask us to retain the data but not use it or ask us to update the information if there are errors or your personal / company details have changed.Publicly displayed information is public
If you decide to use one of the bulletin boards on our websites then you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Strategic Test is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features, Strategic Test will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.When we disclose your information
Strategic Test takes your privacy very seriously. We will not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
Within the Strategic Test
With our service providers, vendors, and strategic partners
There are also times when it may be useful for Strategic Test to disclose some personal information about you available to companies that Strategic Test has a strategic relationship with. These companies may help us provide detailed technical support or assist us to make a quotation for special development projects or services. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with Strategic Test’s policies.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.How we protect your personal information
Strategic Test takes precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The online credit card form and online store use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is required. To make purchases from the online store or to send us your credit card information, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator 3.0 or later, or Safari.. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.Integrity of your personal information
Strategic Test has safeguards in place to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. Naturally, you always have the right to access and correct the personal information you have provided. At any time you can also request a copy of your personal information, product registration history, and your interactions with our sales and support agents by contacting us at the email address below.Children
Strategic Test does not sell products to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 for marketing purposes, but because some information is collected electronically, this is not in our control. However, if a child under 18 submits personal information to Strategic Test and we learn that that personal information is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.Cookies and other technologies
For example, a visitor who decides to register on our website would receive a cookie so that next time they visit they are able to access privileged information, such as prices, user manuals, software downloads, etc. As the registration process requires you to state your country of residence, the cookie also enables us to provide prices that are relevant to your region.
If, however, you prefer not to enable cookies, most popular internet browser software allows you to both disable and delete cookies. Please note that certain features of the Strategic Test website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
Like other websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information. Strategic Test will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
In some of our email messages we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Strategic Test website. When the receiver clicks one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
In addition we use pixel tags — tiny graphic images — to tell us what parts of our website customers have visited or to measure the effectiveness of searches customers perform on our site.
Pixel tags also enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read. And they tell us whether emails have been opened to ensure that we’re sending only messages that are of interest to our customers. We store all of this information in secure databases that are located in the United States and Sweden.Privacy questions